Sunday, March 6, 2011

What college is right for me?


What college is right for me?
I'd really like to go into Photography and preferably a minor in Communications or video. I've gotten accepted into Corcoran School of Art & Design, but that's way too expensive for me, and I don't want to live my life in debt. I live Pennsylvania right now, close to Philadelphia. And I'm looking to get away from the area. I guess what I'm looking for is a reputable, inexpensive college that has my major/minor, and a decent social life (not really into the greek life), Someone please give me suggestions!
Photography - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Get your degree in something else than photography. Photography schools may have been a good idea back in the days of film, when you needed to learn how to "cook" in a darkroom, but no more. You're just as well off buying equipment and software and learning on your own. I suggest a degree in marketing, management, finance, or accounting. These will be much more useful to you in life. Why do I say this? Because I have hired many photographers in my time, and been hired by many more customers to do assignments, and no one has cared a fig if I have a degree in photography. What they care about is whether or not I can GET THE SHOT.

Popular Posts