Friday, January 14, 2011

What colleges in California can I get into?


What colleges in California can I get into?
I am going to California this summer for the 2nd time in my lifetime. I am a junior from Pennsylvania and I would love to go to college in California. My grades are not great, I go to a Catholic Prep school in Philadelphia and I have a 3.2 GPA and around a 1700 out of 2400 SAT score. This certainly limits me to the school I can get into, but where could I go?
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
go to penn state... it's a better school than any cal school... ucla, usc, cal, stanford, and cal poly are the only school i know you can prolly get into...


2
Sounds like your eligible for most all the California State Universities


3
If you are thinking of coming to California to attend a UC or Cal state school, be aware the quality of these schools is falling off a cliff. Because of massive budget cuts, the state of California is handing the UC and CS schools less and less money to educate students. For instructors and staff at the UC and CS schools it's a known fact that new faculty aren't about to get hired on and those still there are likely going to see furlough days if they don't succumb to layoffs. Then there are the students, many of whom in fine arts and humanities fields are finding their course offerings cut dramatically. Many students are finding it impossible to get all the courses they need in a given semester to make the progress they want to make towards their majors. Which may result in having to take an extra year to graduate. Many students are finding that by the time their turn comes to register for classes, everything they need is already full. To add insult to injury, the UC system has raised tuition this last year by 32%. Which means that an out of state student will pay as much; if not more than if they went to a private school? While private schools are still facing a budget crunch, they are accountable to their students, not to taxpayers and politicians. If you're really dedicated to what you'd like to study, be it English, Economics, or Engineering a small private school could be a better investment in your own human resources. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-banks30-2009nov30,0,2466114.column http://www.latimes.com/news/la-me-classes20-2010jan20,0,6323484.story?track=rss

Popular Posts