Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Is a University with an Art School worth it? -Please HELP-?


Is a University with an Art School worth it? -Please HELP-?
I'm a Junior at Palmdale High School. I'm deciding in going to Temple University in Philadelphia PA. and Master in Photography. They have a school called Tyler School of Art on their campus. I feel it's a good school. I like their review: B Though I want more information. Does this School consider as a program from Temple University? Since it has it's own name and all. I don't get this information from my school at all so im trying really hard to get answers. The courses they give for Bachelors seem good but could you break down this list for me so i can understand? What the numbers mean. (I have been explained before but now I have an example) http://www.temple.edu/tyler/bfaphoto.html It would be nice if one of you took the time to check out their site and let me know what you think. http://www.temple.edu/tyler And if you have any other suggestions please let me know. I want to stay in the state Pennsylvania though. What Do You Think.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Within University's you will find Schools for specific things. I graduated from the School of Art and Design at Alfred University. Where as another classmate might have graduated from the School of Liberal Arts. Whats nice about that is that you can take classes from other schools, minor or even double major. I think the program looks good. They start you off in Foundations and that will expose you to other medias (which may sound useless now, but foster much better artists.) The numbers are just the levels of the course. A 100-level (or it looks like 0100 at Tyler) means a introductory class, 200-level higher, and 300-400 levels are going to be advanced level classes. Typically anything 500 and above is a graduate course (with exceptions). . It looks like a good school, but you won't really know until you visit. You can meet faculty, see facilities and current student work and get your portfolio reviewed. That's the best way to choose a school. Good luck!

Popular Posts