Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Is this really the message Democrats want to send?


Is this really the message Democrats want to send?
http://www.kyw1060.com/Chester-Upland-Schools-Closed-on-Tuesday/3208151 All schools in the Chester-Upland School District, near Philadelphia, are being closed Tuesday because of a Barrack Obama rally at nearby Widener University. For those not from the area, Chester, Pa. is one of the most economically depressed areas in the United States. A few years ago, when I was on a nearby school board, I saw reports that Chester was one of the 5 worst school districts out of the 500 in Pennsylvania. Why are all students being given the day off because Barrack Obama will be in town? If anyone needs a good education, it's kids from this city. I would understand if they gave a pass to any students who asked off to attend the rally, but why should they give every student off, K through 12? Meerschw... No, it would be no different if it was McCain and I made no claim that it would. I agree that children have the right to be informed & that the rally could be educational. That's why I said I'd understand giving a pass to students who want to attend the rally. I believe that this idea would provide more incentive for students to go, rather than just giving them off & letting them sleep in.
Elections - 5 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I would be outraged if my children attended that school, and the parents should be.


2
If the school is as bad as you say i dont think one day off is going to make it any worse


3
But it's ok if McCain were to come, right? Then it wouldn't be an issue- children have the right to be informed of politics and the election. That's what we would say. In my humble opinion, one day isn't too terrible. Kids get school days off for far worse reasons.


4
That's indoctrination.


5
As a general policy, I am against closing school for the reason you cite: education is so important. The exceptions are if there is legit educational benefit. For example, if the students were required to spend the day studying our election system. If traffic or safety is compromised to the extent that schools must be closed, then I think a rally should be moved.

Popular Posts